Black is the pseudonym of Tina M. Engler, the founder & owner of Ellora's Cave Publishing. Ms. Engler has been featured in every available news outlet, from the Washington Post and L.A. Times to Forbes, Publisher's Weekly, national TV news stations, Sirius XM (Just Jenny) and the Montel Show.
Ellora's Cave, and thus Ms. Engler, was officially recognized by Romantic Times Magazine with their first ever Trail Blazer award for being the
mastermind of erotic romance as you know and love it today, as well as for the pivotal role she played in popularizing the e-book. Writing as
Jaid Black, her books have received numerous distinctions, including a
nomination for the Henry Miller award for the best literary sex scene
written in the English language. As Jaid, she can also be heard on EC's weekly, hilarious podcast Cave Chaos, which explores different sexual topics every show.
wonderful satirist!” ~ Emilio Estevez, actor/writer/director, on Jaid Black
- DOB: 1/22/1972
- Sign: Aquarius
- Kids: 2 daughters
- Pets: 4 dogs & 4 cats
- Rapper Name: Skittles - parodies available at Cave Chaos Radio
- Favorite comfort movies: Wizard of Oz, Grease, and Willy Wonka
- Favorite political movie: Braveheart, Planet of the Apes, and Apocalypto
- Favorite TV: True Blood, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Absolutely Fabulous, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Golden Girls
- Theme song: Sadeness by Enigma
- Favorite Color: black
- Wicked Indulgences: Indian food
- Sweet Sins: Gulab Jamin, Chocolate Mouse Royale ice-cream from Baskin & Robbins, Jamocha Almond Fudge ice-cream from Baskin & Robbins, & Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream from damn near anywhere
- Motto: "Well-behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Ulrich
- Little Known Fact: Jaid/Tina is a direct descendant (granddaughter) of Marcus Antonius (better known in English as "Marc Antony") & his third wife, Octavia the Younger, who was sister to the first Roman Emperor. Marcus left his wife while she was pregnant with Jaid's grandmother, Antonia the Minor, to rekindle his romance with Cleopatra. Antonia the Minor bore three children, including Germanicus, the father of the Emperor Caligula.